To retain the ability to provide essential services to the community, the City of San Clemente is taking steps to reduce the potential exposure of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) to employees and the public. The following City facilities are closed until further notice:
- City Hall
- Utilities Building
- Maintenance Yard
- Community Center
- San Clemente Aquatics Center
- San Clemente Municipal Golf Course
- Ole Hanson Beach Club
- Dorothy Visser Senior Center
City staff are available Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to 5:30pm and alternating Fridays from 8am-5pm by phone and email.
Park & Amenity Closures
- Basketball Courts
- Dog Park
- Picnic Pavilions & Tables (Beach & Park)
- Play Structures & Tot Lots
- Skate Park
- Tennis/Pickleball Courts
- Volleyball Courts
Park Lot Closures
- Beach – North Beach Parking Lot (Parking for Metrolink users and commuters will remain available at the designated location in the north end of the lot.)
- Beach – Linda Lane Parking Lot
- Beach – Pier Bowl & Parque Del Mar Parking Lots
- Beach – T-Street Parking
- Park – Liberty Park
- Park – San Gorgonio Park
- Park – Richard T. Steed Park
- Park – Tierra Grande Park
- Park – Vista Hermosa Sports Park
Yes! Leashed dogs are allowed at all city parks and hiking trails, EXCEPT sport fields, playground areas, and Park Semper Fi special use area. Dogs must remain on-leash at all times. Thank you for respecting your neighbors and the environment by picking up after your dog.
Baron Von Willard Memorial Dog Park
301 Avenida La Pata
More Information: (949)361-8264 | Recreation@San-Clemente.org
The Baron Von Willard Memorial Dog Park, an off-leash dog park is located at 301 Ave. La Pata. The park consists of two areas with separate entrances, a large dog area for larger dogs and a small dog area for smaller or older dogs that don’t get around so well anymore. The dog park is just past the entrance to Steed Park and there is plenty of on-street parking.
We hope you enjoy your visit, and ask that you comply with the following in order to provide a safe, healthy environment for your dog.
- Open 6:00am-sunset daily. Closed on Tuesdays until 1 p.m. for regular maintenance. May be subject to closure at other times, especially during and following rainy weather.
- This is an off-leash park only. Dogs are to be un-leashed inside the entrance safety zone before entering the park.
- Dogs must be leashed when outside the gated enclosure.
- You are responsible for the actions of your own dog(s). Use of this facility is at your and your pet’s own risk.
- You are responsible for cleaning up all your dog’s waste and disposing of it properly in the receptacles provided.
- All dogs must be licensed, collared, and current in their vaccinations.
- No aggressive dogs, females in heat, or puppies under four months are allowed.
- No more than 3 dogs per supervising owner.
- No food, alcohol or glass containers allowed.
- Sports activities, bicycles, skateboards and formal training classes prohibited.
- Children must be supervised at all times, and no strollers allowed.