|AQUATICS HOME PAGE||POOL LOCATIONS||SWIM TIMES & FEES||POOL RULES & NOTICES|
Classes & Programs are offered year round at both aquatics facilities. We offer opportunities for all age and abilities. Click here to register or view all courses. Click the images to learn more about each offering.
Upcoming Special Events
The World's Largest Swimming Lesson
June 20* 11:45 AM * Aquatic Center *Free
The San Clemente Aquatics Center will join aquatic facilities around the world for the World's Largest Swimming Lesson on Thursday, June 20. Check-in begins at 11:45AM and the event kicks off at 12:15 PM. The FREE event aims to promote the importance of teaching children to swim and the message that "Swim Lessons Save Lives".
Statistics indicate drowning is the second leading cause of unintended, injury-related deaths for children 1-14. The World's Largest Swimming Lesson was created to support drowning prevention and water safety. Community members of all ages and swimming abilities are encouraged to take part in this event.
Participants will take part in a free swim lesson which helps send the message that "Swim Lessons Saves Lives". Following the lesson, we will be taking a group picture and participants ages 14 and under will receive free same day admission to Recreation Swim at the San Clemente Aquatic Center.
Financial Assistance/Scholarship Program
The City of San Clemente seeks to offer affordable programming for all members of the community. For those experiencing financial hardships, scholarships are available for all qualifying families. Please call (949) 429-8797 for more information or download the Scholarship Application (Spanish version here).
Course Cancellation & Refund Policy
- GENERAL REFUND GUIDELINES: All refunds must be requested in writing, click here. An $8.00 refund processing fee will apply per person, per class. No refunds or credits will be issued after the second class meeting. Non-attendance in a program is not grounds for a refund. Regardless of your payment method, all refunds will be issued in the form of a check within 3-4 weeks. When courses are cancelled by the City, a full refund will be issued.
- CLASS REFUND POLICY: All refund requests must be received before the start of second class meeting.
SWIM LESSON REFUND POLICY: For all Swim Lesson courses, the following criteria applies:
- If a refund request is received 72-hours before the start of the course, a refund, less processing fee, will be provided.
- If a request is received less than 72-hours in advance, but before the start of the second class meeting, a one-day prorated refund, less processing fees, will be provided.
- No refund will be issued after the second class meeting.
Participant Code of Conduct
All participants and spectators are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times while attending any program or activity conducted or sponsored by the City of San Clemente Recreation Division. The following guidelines are designed to provide safe and enjoyable activities for all participants:
- Be respectful of all participants and program staff.
- Be respectful of city facilities and city property.
- Refrain from abusive, defamatory or foul language.
- Refrain from causing bodily harm to self, other participants, or program staff.
- Verbal or physical threats will not be tolerated.
- Follow non-smoking policies, city ordinances, and municipal codes.
- Maintain an acceptable standard of personal hygiene.
- Appropriate attire is required and may include uniforms, dance apparel, and proper swim wear.
- Participants who are under the influence of illegal drugs or intoxicated are prohibited from participating.
Failure to follow these rules may result in denial of program participation privileges. The City of San Clemente is dedicated to maintaining a safe, healthy atmosphere in which to live, work and play. Thank you for your cooperation.