The Public Works Department in support of the City's mission, will work in partnership with the community and allied City departments to:
- Develop, operate, maintain and upgrade the City’s infrastructure
- Ensure that all private developments and City initiated public improvements are in compliance with municipal ordinances, regulations and standards
- Ensure the provision of safe and adequate water supplies and the proper disposal of liquid and solid wastes
- Develop and implement operating plans to effectively respond to local/regional emergencies
Department administration is responsible for managing and coordinating all program operation operations within the following major divisions:
- Engineering (Land Development, Capital Improvements, Traffic, Inspection, and Water Quality)
- Maintenance Services (streets, traffic signs, signals, street lights, structural facilities, street sweeping and public parking lots/meters)
- Emergency Planning (city disaster preparedness, community preparedness outreach, disaster response and recovery)
Locations and Hours of Operation:
Located at 910 Calle Negocio, San Clemente, CA, 92673. Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and every other Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Offices are closed on the Alternate Fridays and holidays.
Located at 390 Avenida Pico, San Clemente, CA, 92672. Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and every other Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Maintenance & Corporate Yard offices are closed on the Alternate Fridays and holidays. Phone Number: 949-361-8317.
Walk-in Counter Hours - 910 Calle Negocio Suite 100
7:30am-12:30pm and 2:30pm - 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday
8:00am - 12:30pm and 2:30pm- 5:00 pm, Alternate Fridays
* 1:30pm - 2:30pm daily, Available by Appointment
7:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday * subject to permit conditions
7:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday * subject to permit conditions
No construction allowed on Saturdays, Sundays, or City recognized holidays.
*per permit limitations
910 Calle Negocio, Suite 100
San Clemente, CA 92672
Transportation in San Clemente
Please feel free to check our online San Clemente Public Mobility Map for a view of transportation services within the city, some of which are described in more detail below.
In addition to regional transportation options, the City of San Clemente offers the following supplemental City-based transportation options in partnership with OCTA -
1. Senior Mobility Program, a local program that offers no-cost rides to select San Clemente destinations for eligible residents 60+
2. San Clemente Trolley, a traditional seasonal trolley system that provides free rides between major destinations in San Clemente, from May to September
3. SC Rides On-demand Ride Program, which partners with Lyft and Butterfli to provide subsidized on-demand rides to and from select areas throughout San Clemente.
In 2016, the City started a pilot on-demand transportation service designed to help mitigate the loss of former local OCTA bus routes 191 and 193. Under its Project V grant program, OCTA has awarded funds to the City to provide up to 90% of the cost of this pilot program.
Using the code SCRIDES, riders can enjoy discounted rides, courtesy of the City of San Clemente and the Orange County Transportation Authority. Save up to $9 on your rides. That means for an $11 ride, you only have to pay $2.
To use the code, please download the Lyft app and go to the "Promos" section of the main menu (the box with 3 horizontal lines in the corner). In the Promos section, simply type "SCRIDES" in the "Enter Promo Code" box, which will activate the SC Rides coupon tile and program on your phone app. From there, please feel free to book a ride per the usual Lyft process, and the discount will be applied after mapping a trip, if the ride is eligible.
To be eligible, rides must be taken between 6 AM-8 PM, and must be both picked up and dropped off within a .25 miles radius of the original 191 and 193 bus routes. To make sure you’re at the right space, look for signs at participating bus stops, or use the purple-text "View Coverage Area" portion of the coupon tile in the Promos section of the Lyft app.
For assisted rides, please call our assisted ride vendor Butterfli, at 1-844-440-4672, and mention the SCRIDES code.