What is the purpose of the City Clerk Department?
The City Clerk Department is responsible for Council-related services, elections, records management, administration of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) regulations, and the Leadership San Clemente program. Major responsibilities of the City Clerk include: election process administration, Council-related services, records management, legal compliance with all codes and regulations including the Brown Act, the Government Code, Municipal Code and FPPC regulations, facilitating the legislative process and promoting public participation in municipal affairs, such as the Leadership San Clemente program.
How can the City Clerk Department be contacted?
Phone: (949) 361-8200
Fax: (949) 361-8309
Mail/Walk In: 910 Calle Negocio, San Clemente, CA 92673
EMail about How can the City Clerk Department be contacted?
Where is the City Clerk Department located?
The City Clerk Department is located at San Clemente City Hall, 910 Calle Negocio in San Clemente, California.
What are the days and hours of operation?
City Clerk offices are open Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and every other Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. City offices are closed on the alternate Fridays, and holidays.
What is the current staffing?
The City Clerk Department consists of the following positions for a total of 4.25 FTE's:
- City Clerk/Legislative Administrator -Supervises operations of the City Clerk’s Office. Attends City Council and management meetings. Conducts City elections and administers election administration, referendums, initiatives and recalls. Ensures that Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) requirements are fulfilled. Conducts City’s Leadership Program; prepares and monitors the division budget; attests and notarizes documents; administers Oaths of Office.
- Deputy City Clerk - Prepares Council agendas and organizes packet preparation; composes Council minutes; processes documents approved by Council (i.e., resolutions, ordinances and Notices of Completion) as well as all contracts involving the City; composes and publishes legal notices for Public Hearings, Ordinances, special meetings, etc.; conducts bid openings.
- Records Management Coordinator - Maintains/protects City's vital records; administers the computerized filing system and legislative history; oversees implementation of the citywide Electronic Document Management System; tracks expiration dates of letters of credit/contracts/leases and insurance; responds to public records and research requests from Council, staff and the public; Administers Municipal Code updates; assists with Leadership Program.
- Office Specialist I - Serves as City Hall receptionist (phone and in person); serves as secretary to the City Clerk; pays/maintains payment history of Division bills; prepares/mails letters transmitting agendas and agenda reports; assists with FPPC regulation compliance and maintains a legally-required log of all FPPC forms filed with the City Clerk; prepares special reports; assists with Leadership Program.
- Part-time Cable Television Technician - Televise City Council Meetings; prepare Community Calendar for televising weekly, and films Around Town episodes.
The office of City Clerk is an elected position and is currently held by Joanne Baade.