Grease Control Program
Food Service Establishments (FSE’s) in the City of San Clemente are required to participate in the Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Program. The focus of this program is to provide training to educate all employees about kitchen Best Management Practices (BMP’s) so as to reduce FOG entering the sanitary sewer system from food service establishments.
The program includes:
- Master copies of forms for use in your facility:
- Fog Employee Training Log
- Grease Receptacle Collection Service Log
- Grease Control Program Self Maintenance Log
- Sample of the City of San Clemente Inspection Form
- Copy of the City's Grease Control Ordinance
- Training video titled 'The Drain is Not a Dump
- Best Management Practices Poster
- Best Management Practices Brochure
- Theft Handout
Additional copies of these training materials can be downloaded at www.san-clemente.org under Utilities/Download Library.
Food Service Establishment Fats, Oil & Grease Plan Review and Grease Control Device Installation Plan Submittal Minimum Requirements:
The City of San Clemente, as part of its Fats, Oil & Grease (FOG) Program, has contracted with Environmental Compliance Inspection Services (ECIS) to perform all plan review duties regarding the installation of Grease Control Devices/Gravity Grease Interceptor (GGI) or Hydro-Mechanical Grease Interceptor (HGI) for new construction, remodeling, tenant improvements and changes of ownership for all Food Service Establishments or Commercial Kitchens. The City of San Clemente will not issue a permit to any applicant without an approved set of plans from the City of San Clemente Building Department. Submitted plans must be prepared by a licensed engineer or architect, or a licensed plumber or contractor.
All original submittals must be routed through the City Of San Clemente Building Department before being sent to ECIS. Two sets of plans need to be submitted.
A copy of the Plan Route sheet with the City Plan/Project No. must accompany all plans submitted to ECIS. The applicant must submit two sets of the P-sheet(s) or other sheets such as the Site Plan, Equipment Schedule, Floor Plan, Vent & Waste Isometric etc. to ECIS for plan review. All other plan sheets such as Electrical, Mechanical, etc. can proceed with the City of San Clemente plan review. Plan must show current version of UPC/CPC, GGI or HGI device sizing formula showing proposed size of GGI/HGI.
The City of San Clemente Building Department is located at 910 Calle Negocio, Suite 100, San Clemente, CA 92673 and can be reached at (949) 361-6100.
The ECIS contact person for plan review issues relating to the grease control device is Jon Kinley who can be contacted at (949) 481-8826/Office, (949) 279-6578/Cell, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECIS is not responsible for Plan Check(s) of any other city requirement such as hvac or electrical, and only requires the applicant to submit plumbing related sheets for Plan Review.
- Submittals may be mailed to: ECIS, 26 Dauphin, Dana Point, CA, 92629.
- ECIS will correspond directly with the project contractor/architect/engineer or restaurant owner.
- All revisions will require the same minimum standards as the original submittal.
- Plans must be received by mail only. Electronic plan copies are not approved, but may be used during the plan review process as a supplement.
- Upon submittal approval, ECIS will return both sets of the approved plans to the City of San Clemente Building Department who will notify the applicant that plans have been approved and are ready to process. Please be sure to include all mailing information clearly on the submittal as to where to send revision(s).
- Please also note for reference and include in your submittal, the City of San Clemente’s approved Gravity Grease Interceptor Standard drawing below. This standard drawing is also available at the Building Department counter.