The primary goal of The Clean Ocean Program is to inform community residents and businesses about the causes and effects of stormwater and urban runoff pollution. By increasing public awareness of activities within, and consequences to, San Clemente’s watersheds, the program will gradually reduce watershed pollution in San Clemente. Educational efforts focus on understanding, and where necessary, changing attitudes by providing useful information that will enable individuals in the community to change behaviors and current practices. The educational program strives to communicate fundamentals of watershed pollution control including:
- The configuration and purpose of the City’s storm drain system and how it differs from the sewer system.
- How pollutants can be released to the storm drain system.
- How stormwater and urban runoff pollution impacts local receiving waters and surrounding habitat.
- What best management practices (BMPs) are available for treating or controlling the various pollutants of concern.
For more information on how the Clean Ocean Program improves surface water quality and what you can do to help, click here.
Environmental Sustainability Grant Program - Applications Due June 15, 2020
The City of San Clemente invites nonprofit organizations and San Clemente public schools to apply for up to $2,000 in grant funding for environmentally sustainable initiative projects that benefit San Clemente residents. Visit www.sccleanocean.org for the grant application and policy.
Eligible Project categories include:
- Resource Conservation
- Environmental and Public Health
- Community Education and Civic Participation
Applications are due June 15, 2020. Postmarks are not accepted.
Mail applications or deliver to:
City of San Clemente, City Clerk
910 Calle Negocio
San Clemente, CA 92673