Environmental health is crucial to ensure our quality of life. Residents, businesses and visitors benefit, not only personally but also economically, when the City of San Clemente maintains a healthy environment. You can help protect the environment, both locally and regionally, by preventing polluted runoff and participating in the City’s recycling and organics diversion programs.
- To protect streams, the ocean, shoreline/beaches, and reef ecosystems from pollutants.
- To promote the City-wide participation in readily available recycling programs.
- To provide comprehensive pollution prevention and solid waste reduction education to promote community awareness and environmental stewardship.
- To achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable local, State and federal environmental laws and policies regarding surface water protection and solid waste reduction.
- To enforce local surface water quality and solid waste regulations, including the municipal code.
Click on the program names to learn how you can help.
Clean Ocean Program
Solid Waste and Recycling Program