July 4th Fireworks
- Date: 07/04/2019 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Pier
622 Avenida Del Mar
San Clemente, California 92672
Return to full list >>
Thank you for celebrating America's Independence Day with us! When visiting us on July 4th, please be advised of the following details:
- The end of the pier, opposite the entrance, will close at noon on Wednesday, July 3rd for preliminary preparation
- The entire pier will close on Thursday, July 4th at 8:00 a.m. and remain closed for the entire day. The Fisherman’s Restaurant will be accessible to its patrons.
- A flyover by the Condor Squadron, consisting of four AT-6 aircraft World War II trainers will take place along the participating coastal cities. The The full flyover schedule is as follows:
• Huntington Beach 5:25 to 5:30 p.m.
• Newport Beach 5:35 to 5:40 p.m.
• Laguna Beach 5:45 to 5:50 p.m.
• Dana Point 5:50 to 5:55 p.m.
• San Clemente 5:55 to 6:00 p.m.
- Please be mindful of the following policies and regulations regarding the use of public space during this exciting holiday event:
- Members of the public are reminded that overnight camping on the beach or at Parque Del Mar is prohibited.
- Accessing the beach between the hours of midnight and 4:00 a.m. is also prohibited. Those in violation of the ordinance can be cited and may be asked to remove all belongings.
- Roping or blocking-off portions of the beach for private use is not permitted.
- Unattended property left on the beach is not the responsibility of the City.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is prohibited on all City beaches and park sites.
- The operation of an unmanned aircraft or “drone” over any City-permitted events open to the public is prohibited, unless granted written or electronic permission by the City.
- Dogs are not permitted on the coastal beach trail. Those in violation of this ordinance may be cited accordingly.
- All ocean access, including swimming, surfing, and wading, will be closed 1,000 feet in both directions from the pier from 8 - 10 p.m. The purpose is to protect people from the dangers of fireworks fallout. The show risks delays or cancellation if the public does not comply with the closure.
- Take the trolley! To assist with downtown parking, the San Clemente Trolley will be in service from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The regular trolley route will be available from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Please be advised that beginning at 6:00 p.m. the Trolley route will be adjusted to accommodate street closures in the Pier Bowl and downtown area. The closure will impact stops 1, 3, 4, 14, 15, & 16. Trolley riders looking to utilize the service after the fireworks show can access the trolley at Stop 2, located at the Community Center on the corner of Avenida Del Mar and Calle Seville. Check for any changes to the hours of operation by visiting www.san-clemente.org/trolley.
- For pedestrian safety and to avoid major traffic problems, San Clemente Police Services will be restricting vehicular traffic between approximately 7:00 and 10:00 p.m. in the entire lower Pier Bowl area adjacent to the pier. Pedestrians should take caution, especially with the increased crowds, to stay clear of the train tracks.
- The municipal beach and pier will be closed to the public after the fireworks display until the morning of Thursday, July 5th.
- Following the fireworks show, San Clemente Police Services will conduct traffic control and assist people in exiting the Pier Bowl, diverting them in a systematic fashion to freeways and surface streets. There will be three designated routes out of the Pier Bowl, including:
- Palizada and directed to the freeway at Palizada or north onto El Camino Real (two lanes will be open on El Camino Real).
- Del Mar and diverted onto Presidio.
- Victoria and diverted southbound onto the freeway at Valencia and Calafia.
- Please remove all trash and debris before leaving the beach. Any trash and litter remaining on the beach will end up polluting the ocean.
- Fireworks, including Safe & Sane fireworks within City limits, are prohibited.
- All City facilities will be closed in observance of the July 4th holiday. This closure includes City Hall, the Community Center, the Ole Hanson Beach Club, and the San Clemente Aquatics Center.