Welcome to the Centennial General Plan. In February 2014, the City Council adopted the City’s "Centennial General Plan." The Centennial General Plan guides many important community decisions through 2028 – the Centennial year of the City’s founding. We hope you find the Centennial General Plan interesting, easy to understand, and use. Below are links to the Centennial General Plan and related information.
General Plan files
Complete and searchable file
For a complete searchable and printable PDF of the General Plan, click here.
General Plan sections
For a PDF of individual sections and exhibits, click on the links below:
- Cover Page & Credits
- Table of Contents
- Land Use Element
- Urban Design Element
- Historical Preservation Element
- Economic Development Element
- Mobility & Complete Streets Element
- Beaches Parks & Recreation Element
- Natural Resources Element
- Coastal Element
- Safety Element
- Public Services, Facilities & Utilities Element
- Growth Management Element
- Governance Element
- 2013-2021 Housing Element and Draft Midterm Update (2017-2021)
- Maps (including Land Use Map Book)
Program Environmental Impact Report
- Draft Environmental Impact Report and Appendices (files are available at City offices)
- Final Environmental Impact Report
- Findings of Fact/Statement of Overriding Considerations
- Mitigation Monitoring Program
General Plan Strategic Implementation Program
Each year, the City Council updated a General Plan Strategic Implementation Program (SIP) in conjunction with the annual budget, Capital Improvement Program, and Long-term Financial Plan. The SIP includes an annual progress report for General Plan implementation and a give five-year implementation program for the coming fiscal year. For the latest SIP, click here.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan and Climate Action Plan
When the City Council adopted the General Plan, it also adopted the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan and Climate Action Plan. Click here to see these documents.
For more information, please contact:
- Amber Gregg, City Planner at (949) 361-6196 or GreggA@san-clemente.org
- Christopher Wright, Associate Planner at (949) 361-6193 or WrightC@san-clemente.org.