The Clean Ocean Program's mission is to protect and preserve public health and the environment through education and implementation of activities to reduce urban runoff and stormwater pollution and to promote waste reduction and recycling from industrial, commercial, municipal, new development/construction and residential areas.
- To protect streams, the ocean, shoreline/beaches, and reef ecosystems from pollutants.
- To promote the City-wide participation in readily available recycling programs.
- To provide comprehensive pollution prevention and solid waste reduction education to promote community awareness and environmental stewardship.
- To achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable local, State and federal environmental laws and policies regarding surface water protection and solid waste reduction.
- To enforce local surface water quality and solid waste regulations, including the municipal code.
Environmental Sustainability Grant Program
Your organization can help protect San Clemente’s beautiful environment.
The City of San Clemente invites nonprofit organizations and San Clemente schools to apply for up to $2,000 in grant funding for environmentally sustainable initiative projects. Eligible Project categories include:
- Environmental and Public Health
- Community Education and Civic Participation
The next round of grant applications are due December 17, 2018 by 5:00 pm in the City Clerk's Office at 910 Calle Negocio Suite 300 San Clemente, CA 92673. Click here for a copy of the application and grant policy.