The Transportation Corridor Agency (TCA) is considering alternatives to address mobility in South Orange County, including various potential routes to extend the 241 toll road from the existing southern terminus at Oso Parkway to a direct connection with Interstate 5. At its September 6, 2016 meeting, the City Council received an update on the process and potential conceptual alternatives developed up to that time.
- Superior Court of the State of California County of Orange Case No.30-2017-00934703-CU-PT-CXC
- City of San Clemente Toll Road Lawsuit Fact Sheet
San Clemente Mayor Steve Swartz appeared on the John and Ken Show on KFI AM 640 on Tuesday March 12, 2019. The topic of their discussion was an LA Times article released on March 10, titled "While you sit in traffic, these tollway consultants charge the public $185 an hour for reading news."
Toll Road Town Hall Meeting Recorded Public Comments
The public may submit written comments/documentation at:
- San Clemente Hosts Toll Road Town Hall
- San Clemente Comments for South County Traffic Relief Effort Draft PSR-PDS
- IBI Traffic Study Presentation | Revised 03/20/2018
- Press Release | 03-01-2018 | Study Shows SR-241 Toll Road Extension Will Create More Traffic in South Orange County
- https://www.ocregister.com/ San Clemente officials argue proposed toll road extension would cost $2 billion, make traffic worse