Here are the top stories in and around San Clemente!
**Severe Weather Event**
The OCFA is anticipating a significant weather event based on current information from the National Weather Service.
The public is warning to anticipate the following.
- Showers arriving on Thursday with heavy rains on Friday and Saturday.
- Storm total exceeding 3 inches in some areas.
- Rainfall rates between .25 inch and .75 inch per hour.
- Wind gusts 40 to 60 mph.
- Thunderstorms possible with small hail, lightning, strong winds, and heavy rains.
- Flash flooding and river flooding possible.
- Debris flows/mud slides.
- Saturated ground and strong winds have the potential to knock down trees and interrupt power.
- Damaging surf, gale force winds, and coastal flooding possible.
Have a disaster prep. kit with enough food and water (including medication if needed) for each member of the family for three days – don’t forget about your pets!
If your power goes out, never leave candles unattended. Keep heat sources away from furniture and other flammable items. Do not use your oven to heat your home.